Monday, November 2, 2009

Fabric Balls

I spent some time crafting this past weekend. It's been awhile, but there's something about this chilly time of year that puts me in the crafting kind of mood!

I actually bought the styrofoam balls to make fabric balls two years ago. Yikes! Does anyone else do that? Can I say procrastination!?

Not that this was a difficult project. It just required some fabric, a good pair of fabric scissors, styrofoam balls, and mod podge. Hmmm...


But I decided to make these, and Lily picked the fabric out of my stash for some fabric balls for her room. Of course hers were pink.


I settled for the red ticking fabric. I love this fabric, and I tried to use some of it as a valance in my kitchen but I felt like I was in a circus big-top when I had it hanging there. Maybe it has to do with my red walls? I dunno. I just didn't feel it.


So now I have red ticking stripe fabric balls to adorn my old antique Singer machine. I like them. Just the right amount of red ticking. And they were an easy project. Anymore, those are the only kind of projects I have time for!

9 comments:

Simple said...

Thanks for the crafting idea. I've been wanting an idea on something to fill all my big glass jars with. And this would be a perfect project for me. Oh and I include my boys...heehee
Blessings, Fine Linen

Wendi said...

Love the red ticking. They would look great for Christmas, like giant peppermint balls.

Ana Degenaar said...

Those are beautiful!

Melissa Miller said...

Hello Amber,
It's so nice to meet you! Thank you for entering my giveaway and following along as well. I really appreciate you kindness. You are always welcome!

Your blog is wonderful! What a delicious sounding recipe. Yum!

Many Blessings, ~Melissa :)

Unknown said...

What a fun idea! I love this! The recipe below sounds so yummy. Looks like you had fun cooking!

Kammy said...

Such a super cute idea to decorate with !
Kammy

Elise said...

Funny...I just bought some styrofoam balls and fabric to make this same project!! And yes, I have lots of things that were meant to be made last year, and the year before, and the year before that, and...
Elise

Jen @ frazzled 5 said...

Love this idea- perfect for spring! Glad to have found your blog over from Karen Ehman's link up.
Newest Follower also!
Jen @ f5

Jami Leigh@Young Wife's Guide said...

How cute and simple!! I love these, you could use them for SO many different things :)