Tuesday, November 4, 2008

We interrupt the regularly scheduled programming...

... for a very important announcement. I'm not going to get all political on you all today, but I do want to urge you to get to the polls and VOTE TODAY. As citizens of the United States, it's our responsibility AND privilege.

And as for me? I'm voting for McCain/Palin. When I look at candidates, I focus on their view on the moral issues. Let's face it, both parties can say all they want about "what I'll do to change the economy when I become president." However, talk is just that. There's no guarantee that their economical policies will really change the state of our economy or whether they will even be implemented in the first place.

I look at the moral standpoints because I believe our nation's well-being is centered on our country's leadership's viewpoint on life and people. Here is where both candidates stand on the very important moral issues:

Ban Partial Birth Abortion
McCain - supports
Obama - opposes

Defense of Marriage Act (protects marriage as a union between one man and one woman)
McCain - supports
Obama - opposes

Infant "Born Alive" Protection Legislation (provides medical treatment to children that survive abortions)
McCain - supports
Obama - opposes

Prohibit Taxpayer funding of Abortions
McCain - supports
Obama - opposes

Prohibit Sex Education for Kindergarten Children (oppose teaching children grades K-6 about sex in the classroom)
McCain - supports
Obama - opposes

And in the end, regardless of which candidate wins the presidency, it's important to remember that God still remains sovereign.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I could not agree with you more. Amen! We'll be voting McCain/Palin later today.

When my mind starts to wander and I get fearful of the future...I rest in knowing that it's all really in God's control.

Blessings!
Amanda

Carleen said...

Great blog post!! I am right there with you! I'm sporting my "I Voted" sticker right now.

God Bless America!