Monday, November 3, 2008

I've been a very busy girl...

I spent some precious one-on-one time with Mrs. Singer last night. We whipped up a fairly quick, cute, practical creation. I need to embellish it a bit today, and I'll post the project tomorrow.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share some photos of what's kept me busy the last several days. If you've been reading my blog, you may remember me mentioning our very messy, extremely packed master bedroom closet.
Well, my wonderful husband built me custom, built-in shelves last week. We worked on painting them last week and he installed them this weekend.

As a result, this is what our bedroom looks like:


This is a small section of what our closet looked like after half of its contents were spat out onto our bed and floor. I should have taken a picture of the whole closet, but I'm really bad at remembering to take before photos.
My goal is to get this mess cleaned up and organized. Tonight. After the kiddos are in bed, I'll be drowning in this mess. So, if I don't post tomorrow, it might be because I'm lost in my bedroom!

We live in a small, cozy 1600 square foot home. As our family grows, our home seems to shrink. Brad and I have been really looking at how we can best utilize the space that we have. This is our second organizing project. The first one is here.

We're coming to learn having a bigger house will not necessarily solve all of our space issues. Big houses can be messy and cluttered and disorganized. It's about making the most of the space you have and getting creative in adapting the space to work for your family. Our home is a work in progress. And I'm having a ball with all of these organizational challenges.

Hopefully, I'll finish this space by tomorrow so that I can post the end results within the next few days.

Oh, and some of you had asked me what I was goint to do with all my ribbon. Well, I really have a weakness for ribbon. I buy without an exact plan or purpose. I know that I'll find some sort of use for it at one point or another. And all that ribbon I posted here? That was all $1.00 per roll at Michael's! I have a hard time passing up a deal like that.

Anyway, here is a non-crafting way that I use my ribbon. This was a plain little white dress. I just added a little piece of blue ribbon around the middle, and it made this dress look so sweet!
Now, I suppose you could stitch the ribbon on and make it permanent. But I wanted this dress to remain versatile so I just pinned it into place with safety pins. Just pin it from the inside, making sure that only a little bit of the pin shows. Now, I can change the look of this dress just by changing the ribbon. Doesn't she look sweet!?

4 comments:

Heather said...

That is so sweet! She reminds me of a little Alice, of the Wonderland sort.

;)

Sarah said...

Very cute! I love ribbon too...I mostly make hair bows for my daughter. Looking forwward to seeing the pics of your closet. :)

Christian said...

Love the pose for the camera!

Amanda said...

I hope the closet project goes well. Our last house was 1456 sq feet and we did many projects to add storage space and organization. The ribbon looks adorable on her dress too! :-)