Thursday, March 19, 2009

Savoring the Moments...

Yesterday was wonderfully sunny and a warm 72 degrees! Brad was home so we packed a lunch and headed to the park and a local "beach." Thought I'd share some pics from our lovely day out...




Don't you all just love this time of year? Spring will soon arrive bringing warm, breezy days and daffodils and tulips. We're already hearing the lovely tweeting of birds outside of our windows in the morning. I love to wake to that sound, don't you?!

Spring is such a refreshing time of the year. It feels so new and exciting. And I'm feeling refreshed and invigorated. We'll be starting some landscaping in our backyard this weekend. Plus, we need to go bicycle shopping soon. I'm the only family member without a bicycle. We even have the bike trailer to pull the kids. So, we're going to get me a bike and do some family trail-biking this spring. Can't wait.

What's your favorite thing to do this time of the year? Take advantage of the warm, sunny days. Make the most of each moment. Pack those picnic baskets and head out to your own backyard. Find a shady spot and enjoy your lunch in the fresh air. Grab the bubbles or the kites and head out for some fun. Don your hiking shoes and magnifying glass and head out to the woods to explore and learn.

Have fun making the most of each moment! Remember that every day is a day that the Lord has made! Be glad and rejoice in it!
~Amber

7 comments:

Tolentreasures said...

Amber, I was glad to see your post on my blog. I hope that things are going better for you, you have really been on my mind. You have to love this weather. We had the boys in the backyard "golping" as Logan calls it. Gracelyn was just interested in emptying the golf bag of the balls and tees, not something that made the boys real happy. I LOVE spring!

Cathy

Sarah said...

Those are some awesome pictures...looks like you all had a great time! I LOVE the spring. I am thrilled to grab some Starbucks and take the kids to the park to run around. Everyone sleeps really well and a long day outside. :)

Anonymous said...

I don't know what your budget is for bikes, but we have a pull behind bike for our little guy and it is a great way for him to feel like he is riding a bike too. It attaches the same way as the trailers only it has a seat and pedals for him to use. Just a thought!

Vicki said...

Hi Amber,
thanks for your comment on my blog. I covet all the prayers I can get.

God is teaching me so much through this waiting process... it really is hard, but I know He is up to something good...

BurttBunch said...

Amber! Great pics! We have been enjoying the weather too. Walking and cleaning up the yard and just enjoying being outside.
Thanks for the comment and suggestions on my blog! I can't believe that 3-0 is hitting either! It doesn't seem old. I think you are only as old as you feel but I do feel like doing more exciting things with my life. Hope things are going well.....still thinking about you!

kari and kijsa said...

What a fun day!!
Great photos!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

BurttBunch said...

Where have you been? Hopefully life has slowed down for you! Miss seeing you post. Maybe I will see you at the Library sometime!