40-50 cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup feta cheese
1/2 small onion (red or sweet), finely diced
1 tsp oregano (dried or fresh)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
pinch of salt
fresh basil to garnish, if desired
1. Wash tomatoes and then cut off the tops.
2. Scoop out the pulp of each tomato. (I use this neat little gadget pictured below that I purchased from Pampered Chef.)
3. Place tomatoes upside down on paper towel so all of the liquid can drain out.
4. In a bowl, mix the feta cheese and the diced onion.
5. Stuff tomatoes with the cheese/onion mixture and place upright on the serving plate. (Baby spoons or just your plain old fingers work best for the stuffing part.)
6. In a small bowl, mix the oil, vinegar, salt, and oregano.
7. Arrange the basil on the plate, among the tomatoes, whichever way you think looks pretty. :)
8. Drizzle the oil mixture over the tomatoes.
9. Serve and be prepared for lots of "yums."