Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sun, Glorious Sun!!!!

It is a gorgeous, glorious day here in Western PA today! Although it's still a bit chilly outside, the kids have already been out playing. We haven't seen much sun this spring, so when you wake up and the sun is shining bright, you want to soak up every second of it!




While they were out playing, I mixed up two loaves of whole wheat bread and also dough for pita bread. I'm making chicken gyros and Mediterranean salad for dinner tonight so the pitas are for the gyros. In the past, I've always bought my pita bread, but I found a recipe so I'm trying them out from scratch for the first time.



Here are some birdie pictures. I don't know what it is about birds that brings me joy. We put a feeder out on our front porch back in February. It took over a month for the birds to find it, but now we have birds out our front window at all hours of the day. The kids and I sit on the sofa that is in front of the windows and observe the birds. It's so interesting! I just saw that one of the local stores has birdbaths on sale this week for $10 so I'm thinking about getting one.




We also bought a new hummingbird feeder a couple of weeks ago. I noticed that we had a little hummingbird hanging around our side porch where the feeder is a few nights ago. We've had feeders in the past but didn't last year since we were gone a good portion of the summer, so I'm hoping they come back this year.






Here is our mama bird. She's the bird who built her nest in the holly shrub right next to our side porch. She'll stay on her eggs most of the time now, even when we come out, as long as we're not too loud.



Here are some other sights that bring joy to me right now...



Spearmint and chives in my herb garden...




Ferns on my porches...



A couple of sweet gifts from my mom and sister; a quilted pillow from my mom and a new ruffled apron from my sister...




Have a blessed day! Don't forget to count your blessings!

2 comments:

Wendi said...

The sun is shining brightly in my neck of the woods... I always count sunshine as a blessing!

BurttBunch said...

Does your sister make aprons? I would like to buy one...they are very cute!