Friday, March 11, 2011

When Your Heart Is Full

What do you do when your heart is so full of joy that it can't be contained? Can one shout it from the mountaintop? Proclaim it to the world? When His goodness and fullness fills you to the tip top and pours over the raw edges of your humanness, what do you do with the excess of joy? How can the human heart handle His fullness?


I have been in a celebration of God's saving grace for the last 15 hours. And this earthly heart of mine can hardly contain the joy of the occasion. For when one of His find Him, oh my, that is when the whole heavenly realm rejoices. And my heart has been dancing in celebration too.

God created us to know Him and to glorify Him. At the time of conception, He birthed inside of our living forms a need for Him. But when the babe bursts into the world, the world corrupts. It pulls this way and that. It promises to fulfill, it promises to sustain, it promises to provide. But why does the soul, the mind, always feel that emptiness despite the accumulation of the worldly things?


Dear ones, that emptiness is a gift from God, for it is from that emptiness that we are made ready to meet Him. His is the liquid of life that can seep into that area in our soul and fill it full. His bread is the bread of life. And it is only Him who can give living water. Only He can fill that dark hole with light and fullness, with life and breath.


And when we are made new in Him, when we are opened to Him and His life-giving breath, when we breathe Him in, we are made complete. A supernatural occurrence happens as His Spirit comes into us and fills us with His power, love, and mercy. The Life pours over us and makes us new. The seed of the Savior sprouts up from our soul, and the soul cannot help but move forward in service. That is the true saving ~ Father-given, not from man, not from this earth.


So, my dear Father, I praise You for Who You are, Your completeness, Your unmeasurable love, Your undeserved mercy and grace. Father, I am humbled that You chose to redeem me, that because of my sinfulness Your Son suffered greatly. But my dear Lord, He did it with love and blood on His brow. When He was pierced, His loving blood spilled forth covering my dirt and grime, my dark places. And once covered, one cannot lose You. You indwell and grow and move us. And, Lord, may my life be a sacrifice to You, the one Who lived the ultimate sacrifice for me. May I know you deeper, more fully. May I serve you more fervently and unabashedly. May I move in the Spirit and only the Spirit. Amen.



Take my life and let it be consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days;
Let them flow in ceaseless praise,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.


Take my hands, and let them move at the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.


Take my voice, and let me sing always, only, for my King.
Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.


Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect, and use every power as Thou shalt choose,
Every power as Thou shalt choose.



Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own; it shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.



Take my love, my Lord, I pour at Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself, and I will be ever, only all for Thee,
Ever, only all for Thee.

No comments: