Monday, May 3, 2010

We took the kids fishing Saturday evening. My dad has several ponds on his land, and one pond in particular always has a load of smaller fish. It's called instant-gratification fishing in this pond. Which is good for a 4 and 6-year-old. However, it's probably setting them up for disappointment when they actually experience true-to-life fishing!

Lily caught a fish on her first attempt, which really is not a hard feat as I've already stated. However, the sight of the fish on the line startled her a little, and I could not get her to pose with her catch. (Have I ever mentioned that she is a girly-girl. She is my "I wear dresses every day and change my outfit if I get one speck of food or dirt on it" kind-of-girl.)



This was about the closest we could get her to it, and this was achieved with much coaxing.


Ian, on the other hand, is becoming a natural. And boy, does this kid have a good cast for a 6-year-old!


When we finished fishing, the kids messed around in the creek, climbing out on the rocks. My kids love water. I guess they get it naturally, as both Brad and I have an affinity for bodies of water - the ocean, the lake, creeks.

We're loving spring here!

1 comment:

Tolentreasures said...

Cute pics of your kids and what a memorable day!

Cathy