Saturday, September 20, 2008

Welcome!


I've decided to start a blog. I've thought about this for a while but never jumped in because I didn't want it to be another thing to add to my "daily things I should do but don't do and, subsequently, feel guilty about" list (you know, like flossing my teeth, taking my vitamins, exercising.) I like to write though, and I occasionally feel like sharing my thoughts.


I tried pen and paper. I even bought myself a nice journal in which to document my random thoughts. Well, again, I added my journal to the aforementioned list. I kept up with it for a while but found pen and paper annoying since my pen just didn't move fast enough for my thoughts. My thoughts were always three or four sentences ahead of my pen, and I was always afraid I'd forget what I had to say in the time it took for my pen to catch up. So, that endeavor sits in my bedside table, lonely and neglected. Sorry my dear journal - I did try though.


So, here I am. This is my official first entry and first date with the blogging world. I invite you to come visit me when your curiosity cannot resist knowing what Amber is thinking about. I can't tell you how often I'll update, and I certainly won't promise it to be daily 'cause then you know I'll have to add blogging to my infamous list. My plan is to update several times a week. I may even get really motivated and have spurts where I update daily. Time will tell.


Oh, and in case any of you have wondered about my apparent drop off the face of this earth, I have one plural noun that sums it up - HEADACHES.


Headaches have taken on a new meaning for me over the last several months. Let me share some of the synonyms found in Amber's Thesaurus for the word headache: throbbing pain; light sensitivity; nausea; an inability to get out of bed; the state in which the mere sound of footsteps in the house causes one to cringe in pain. Get the picture?


For any of those I have failed to communicate with recently, my head is totally to blame. It's not that I'm being rude or have forgotten your phone number. It's not because I have switched email addresses and didn't receive your email. It's not because proper communication etiquette has completely slipped my mind. No, it's none of those things. It's the fact that my head just hasn't been cooperative. My head has decided that it would be more beneficial for me to lay in bed with a warm compress on my forehead rather than to write or call you back. So, please forgive me. Since my recent surgery (more on that to come as this post is already frighteningly long and I'm afraid I may have lost most of you back in paragraph four) and certain other revelations have occurred, I'm hoping to get the cause and treatment of these "joy robbers" confirmed and get on with my life.


Oh, and my blog title? After much thought, trying to come up with some intellectual or cutesy title, I picked "Making a Home." It won out over all the other creative titles my aching brain couldn't come up with because that's exactly what I'm doing in my life right now. Making a home. God has placed a calling on my life at this present time to make our home a place that glorifies Him and blesses my family. So, I think you'll find my blog to be a conglomerate of different topics - updates on family (for all you out-of-towners), my thoughts on homekeeping, decorating ideas, craft projects, and various lessons I've learned in life and during my time in God's Word. See, you just never know what you'll find when you all come visit me!


See you next time!


Amber

No comments: