Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Tea time




Lily loves tea parties. And it's been quite a while since we've had one. Last week, the two of us found ourselves alone in a quiet home. No boys. Just us two girls. The perfect time for a tea party.

We don't do anything overly fancy. Just some mismatched china that I found at a thrift store a few years back. A cute kitty creamer from a good friend of mine. A teapot from Dayspring. And some small snacks.

We also usually read a little from a book. I've been going through this devotional with Lily during our tea times ~ Just Mom and Me Having Tea: A Fun Bible Study for Mothers and Daughters. We also read stories from this one as well ~ Princess Stories: Real Bible Stories of God's Princesses.

It's sometimes very difficult to slow down my pace enough to enjoy moments like impromptu tea parties with my little girl. However, I find much peace in doing so, knowing that I've taken precious time to build into my little girl's life. It's those moments spent together that will really leave a lasting impression on her heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Little girls and tea parties! Oh how I miss that. My three daughters are all grown. We now have coffee parties! :-)