Friday, October 12, 2012

A fine fall day...


It's early yet. Still dark out and the hand of the clock hasn't even reached the 7-o'clock hour, and this little guy is already up and at those books. His grandma is coming later today to take us out to lunch at his favorite hoagie shop. So, the deal was set at the dinner table last night ~ we must work diligently tomorrow so that all schoolwork was done before lunch.


 {Confession time: I'm back on the caffeine. Started it again about a month or so ago, basically shortly after commencing our homeschooling year. It's pretty bad when you're nodding off to sleep while reading aloud to your children! But it's just one cup a day, first thing in the morning to get me going.}

He doesn't want to miss out on the hoagies! {Why is blogger highlighting "hoagies" as a misspelled word!? Don't you all know what a hoagie is? Or is that a PA thing?!}



Yesterday was a beautiful day here in Western PA. The sun was out, the sky was blue, the trees were vivid and awe-strikingly beautiful, and the temperature was mild.



My cousin and I took an afternoon excursion to our local Amish Country for some shopping and girl time. We mostly concentrated on the yarn shops! {She's a crocheter, too.}



I warned her that she would drool over all of the natural-fiber yarn.



 And she did. As did I.



But we both found some awesome treats in the sale baskets so we were both able to come home with some hand-spun, hand-dyed yarn. Here are the beauties I brought home with me {By the way, I totally understand why you non-crocheters/non-knitters would be wondering why in the world I would drool over yarn. That's okay. I'm sure you have things that you drool over that I wouldn't understand either!)...



And speaking of art and creating, my little girl {who has such a creative spirit inside that just excites me so!} made some new artwork for our frames in the living room.


I think they are absolutely perfect for the dark, dreary, northeast winter days ahead, don't you think?

Well, I have two early-risers who are bidding for breakfast, so have a most blessed day today!