Thursday, September 22, 2011

For Those Downcast Days...

Maybe the view out your window reveals a bright blue, crystal-clear sky today.



But maybe that's not how your heart feels today. Maybe it feels gray and blah. Downtrodden.



So what do we do when we feel troubled, even despite the many blessings we truly have? Where do we turn when the little, nagging nuisances of life tempt us to turn every way but the right way?





The heart in rhythm with His heart knows the answer.



He WILL turn our wailing into dancing. He will remove our sackcloth and fill us with joy. {See Psalm 30:11}




Because not all days have to be filled with major disappointments in order for a heart to feel heavy. Sometimes those days just coexist with the many blessings that He has poured out on us. It's part of living in a fallen world.


So, here's what I'm going to do on this day here when I'm feeling slightly discouraged and anxiety is threatening to knock on my door: I'm gonna run into the arms of my Father.




I'm going to fling myself down at His feet, and I'm going to let Him embrace me with His loving arms as He picks me up off the floor.


And I'm going to determine in my mind to remind myself that even though weeping may remain for a night, joy comes in the morning.




And I don't have to wait until tomorrow to experience a fresh dawn. For each moment lived with Him is a new morning for those who give Him their night and embrace His dawn.

No comments: