Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Yummy Mango Jam

I LOVE to can! It's sort of an addiction once you get started! You start racking your brain trying to think of things that you can "put up."



When I was in Sam's Club last week, they had five pound boxes of mangoes on sale for $4.87! That is an awesome price, in case you're not familiar with the prices of mangoes!



So I bought two boxes with the intentions of canning mango salsa. Then once I got around to it, I decided to make jam instead since I ran out of my homemade, canned jam a month ago.





This is the recipe I used. This recipe does not call for pectin, but I suggest you use it! I doubled the recipe and only used one box of Sure Jell, but in retrospect, I was wishing that I had used two boxes. It didn't set up quite as thick as I like it to so I couldn't imagine not using any pectin at all!




Now I have 7 pints and 4 half pints of yummy mango jam.


Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How long did you process them for?