Monday, December 8, 2008

Cookies with tea???

While we did spend the whole day Saturday baking Christmas cookies, I failed to take any pictures of the finished project before I wrapped them up tight and stuck them in the chest freezer (partially so I would quit eating them.)

Well, except for these beauties that my sweet little girl iced for her mommy...


It was nice family bonding time. Ian bored after the gingerbread. I made him stay until the sugar cookies were mixed. And I lost everyone by the time I got to the cream wafers.

Don't you love the manly apron my darling is donning? He's a goofball like that. A sweet, loving, generous goofball. I wouldn't want him any other way. And he uses his manly muscles to mix my gingerbread. Sigh. True love.

And I just have to mention that I have been without a microwave now for over a week. And I just found out today that it will be another week before the part comes in, a few days to actually replace the magnatron (sounds like a Transformer name), and then however many days it takes to ship it back.

Can I just say how much I miss my microwave? I didn't realize how convenient a microwave really was until mine went bye-bye. Gone are my days of tossing a plate full of leftovers into the microwave for a couple of minutes. Now I must warm everything up in the oven or on the stovetop. And did you know that my oven takes 10 minutes just to preheat?

Well, I am trying to be a trooper about it. After all, women lived without microwaves for years and they survived. So can I. Plus, for these three short weeks I will not be sending out any of those scary microwave rays or whatever a microwave emits. And that makes me feel better about my microwaveless situation.

Oh, one more thing before I end. I found a new love.

I LOVE this tea. Blackberry Vanilla black tea by Fortunes. So absolutely yummy. It's my afternoon and evening treat. I just love cradling a warm cup of this and sitting in my cozy recliner while I sip this stuff. In fact, that's what I'm off to do right now. Blackberry vanilla tea and a book. Doesn't get much better than that.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Awwwww....I just love baking with my kids. Your husband's apron is very cute...that was the first think I noticed about the picture.

Tolentreasures said...

Sounds as though you had a great weekend with your family. You actually inspired me to bake (not something that I normally do any more) I made chocolate chip cookies and homemade marshmallows (the recipe is on my blog) It will be so fun when my grandchildren are old enough to bake with, the oldest is almost there.

Cathy