Friday, November 28, 2008

Needing a little warmth...

I just purchased new bedding for our master bedroom in August. It was nice and light and airy for summer, but now in November, it's been feeling too cool and unsubstantial.

(Please excuse the picture. It was taken late at night and the lighting is awful!)


So, I got out one of my old quilt sets and a couple of pillows I had previously purchased from IKEA and "warmed" our bed up a little. It feels much better for this snowy time of year.



I have as of yet to hang window treatments in the room. We bought an iron curtain rod and didn't realize that we needed to purchase the brackets separately. So, we need to make another trip to IKEA (which is over an hour away) before I can hang those.

I also have an old, chippy white window pane that I plan on using to display some family photos and hang above our bed. I just need to get the pictures printed.
Well, I'm off to clean bathrooms and start our schooling. If that all goes well, I'm hoping to start Christmas decorating this afternoon. Yay!

3 comments:

SarahJarnagin said...

Cute re-do! I've been wanting to "winterize" my bed... I've been searching for a winter looking duvet cover on clearance with little luck. Love that you transformed your white to make it wintery.

Sarah said...

Looks so cozy! I love any sahde of red. So cute!

Craft Tea Lady said...

Oh that is a great change! Looks wonderful!!!~G

Gina
(aka Craft Tea Lady)

www.xanga.com/crafttealady
www.crafttealady.etsy.com