Wednesday, February 18, 2015

February



This has proven to be a February that has lived up to its expectations of what February really should be like in the northeast. Subzero temperatures. Layers and layers of ice. Lots of bright snow. Yes, definitely an ideal February as far as weather is concerned for this time of the year.

We've been staying quite contentedly cozy inside. These frigid days always remind me to be so thankful for our warm home. It's a comfort and a blessing that we most definitely have a tendency to take for granted.

Quite honestly, I'm very much enjoying these cold days. Of course, since we homeschool, it is not necessary for us to go out of the house much on days such as these. We can pick and choose and maybe head out on a day that's ten degrees instead of negative ten! However, I have greatly grown to appreciate the slow days of the deep winter, when activity is directed inside out of necessity. Working with our hands and hearts on our creative little projects do have a way of warming both the body and the soul.

I will confess, however, that those seed catalogs that have been arriving in my mailbox several times a week are beginning to prove a temptation. Not really a temptation to speed up the rest of this wintry season, but rather to get out my garden journal and pen and gather up those catalogs and start sketching away prospective garden layouts. I'm particularly excited this year because we have already discussed and decided on trying a few new ideas.

So right now, my mind is filled with a mix of enjoying the slowness of these frigid days as well as looking ahead in anticipation of the warmer days of spring that will prove to be quite near. It's a fine little creative party there in my mind. I do so enjoy the planning of these sorts of things.


1 comment:

karen said...

each photo I enjoyed! I love your creative space, so bright and cheerful and that sweet pup staring outside, my frodo does that as well. He barks like mad at the deer that stare back at him. That waffle tower looks delicious!!