Thursday, October 13, 2011

If you're looking for a fresh perspective...

Go with me back in time to the days of your childhood...


Do you remember those carefree days? Those days when we lived so protected from the realities of the harshness of the world? The days when our biggest concerns were getting our homework done so we could spend the rest of the evening playing?


Do you remember running outside without a second thought? Like this was what you were made for? Running, jumping, laughing, playing.


And then we grew up. We acquired responsibilities and domains to care for, little ones to shepherd.



And somehow then we forgot how to play. We forgot to enjoy the playground He created for us.



"Oh, I have too much to do. It would be totally irresponsible for me to lay aside my duties and tasks and take time to relax and play."


Or maybe you don't even find enjoyment in play anymore because it's been so long since you've done it.


But have you ever noticed that at those times when you drop your guard and your tasks, even if just for a short fifteen minutes, your perspective shifts. You feel rejuvenated, refreshed. And somehow those mundane duties take on a new light. You, feeling a surge of energy, energy enough to go about the rest of your day with contentment and joy.



So, are you feeling the need for a perspective shift?



Then may I recommend a dose of His playground? Be spontaneous.



Go ahead, I dare you.




You wanna know my plan for the day? I'm heading out with my camera for a scavenger hunt. A scavenger hunt for the canvases He has painted for me, for you. To capture His paintings on film. Sure, I've got the mundane things to do also (laundry, dishes, grocery shopping, school lessons), but I 'm going to be intentional in seeing and capturing His gifts of beauty to me.


Maybe you'd like to do the same?


Have a most blessed and fun-filled day!

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I love this! The photographs are perfect. You've made me want to go out and play. I think I'll go get my grands so people don't wonder why a grandma is jumping in the leaves!