Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Farmgirl Paints

Have any of you read the blog, Farmgirl Paints? I found it a month or so ago. It's a great blog, and the woman behind it is a fabulous woman of God...


Her name is Becky. And she lives on a gorgeous farm. Oh, and she also has an etsy store. Which is where this story begins...

I was browsing her etsy store early last week and found a beautiful necklace that said "love bravely." The phrase really struck me. 'Cause that's what I'm trying to do right now. Love bravely. There's so many areas of my life right now where I'm relying on courage and strength from God. Many unknowns. Many changes to come.

But I didn't buy the necklace because we're not spending unnecessary money due to the adoption. But I kept thinking about how nice it would be to have that necklace hanging around my neck during our adoption trip, quietly reminding me to love bravely.

So I got back on her etsy store at the end of the week last week to purchase it, but it had already been sold.

So I emailed Becky and asked her if she could make another one like it. I also explained to her why I wanted it and asked if I could get it within the next two weeks.

She wrote me back and told me that she was going to bless me with the necklace. At no charge. A gift to someone who she has never ever met. And then my heart was overwhelmed by her goodness and kindness.

And the necklace arrived yesterday. I was so excited when I saw the package with the cute little Farmgirl Paints address stamp.



Becky - I LOVE my necklace. I have it on right now. And I'm keeping your little note tucked away in my journal during our trip.

Thank you so much for stepping out and encouraging a fellow sister in Christ. Your kindness means so much.

4 comments:

Wendi said...

Love it! We hear so many negative things and I keep reminding my husband that there are still good people. Enjoy your necklace!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Awww sweet Amber thank you for the kind words. God just wanted you to have that necklace. I was only being obedient:)

It looks so good on you!!

A Primitive Homestead said...

Such a kind blessing!

Anonymous said...

I love this story Amber - God knows exactly what we need and how to bless us and I know Farmgirl Paints will be richly blessed too!!