Thursday, March 4, 2010

Snow Cream

I don't know about everyone else, but we have been BURIED in snow up here in the northeast. I'm not very partial to snow, and I've had spring fever since the end of December!

But I did find one benefit to all this snow. Snow Cream! I found this recipe online through a homeschooling forum that I belong to so the kids and I tried it last week.

I simply opened up our back door and scooped up 12 cups of snow from the 3 1/2 feet of snow that had taken up residence on our back deck. (Hint: dig down below the top crusty, icy snow to get the softer stuff underneath.)
Stick the 12 cups of packed snow into a mixing bowl and add 1 can of sweetened condensed milk and 1 tbsp of vanilla. Mix with your mixer until it has a nice smooth consistency.


Scoop out a generous serving into individual bowls and serve! It's best to eat this right after being made rather than storing it in the freezer. It tends to harden to rock solid in the freezer. This recipe makes a lot so be sure to invite some friends over to enjoy it with you!

4 comments:

My Trendy Tykes said...

I haven't had this stuff since I was a kid. YUM!

Simple said...

This looks yummy...really. And here in IA we have plenty of snow. LOL!!
I'm so going to try this.
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings, Fine Linen

Carleen said...

I've never tried this...and I live in the tundra! March is the snowiest month here (hard to imagine I know!) so I'll have to try it before the snow season is over.

Marie said...

The snow cream looks so good! I have not had any in years.