Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Singing Scripture


I just had to take a quick minute to recommend this wonderful tool for learning/teaching Scripture. Seeds Family Worship. These CD's are awesome. We actually heard them in concert at a local church and then Santa brought the kids three of the albums for C-mas. We have had a blast jamming to the songs, and we're learning Scripture too. Even my three-year-old is memorizing Scripture by listening to these funs songs. She's even got some of the references down!

Check out their website. You can even hear samples. We have the CD's on Purpose, Faith, and Courage. I LOVE the Courage album. Well, I love them all, but the Courage album has a bunch of high-energy songs that we can really jam to!

Oh, and an adoption update... We started our homestudy yesterday. We have one homestudy a week for the next two weeks. Then we'll be able to apply for grants and hopefully receive some financial assistance to help cover the cost of the adoption and travel to South Korea. We've also been able to get all of our clearances, medical exams, and fingerprinting done. Brad applied for his passport yesterday and I'm going tomorrow for mine! Oh, and we also found out that there is another family about an hour away that is also adopting a child from S. Korea. That's exciting!

Oh, and I'd like to just share a little bit about our little boy. His name is Jin-seok. He just turned two yesterday. :0) He has been with a foster family since birth. Jin (as we affectionately refer to him) has some special needs. He was born with radial-clubbed hands without thumbs. He also has congenital heart disease that seems to be getting better as he gets older.

I wish I could post a picture of this little sweetheart (I cannot due to privacy regulations.) He is so tiny and his little face melts my heart. I can't wait to get him and hold him. I think of him all the time! Brad and I feel so blessed that God has brought Jin into our lives. It's crazy to think of how much we already love him, and he doesn't even know we exist!
Take care!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh! I can't wait to hear Jin's whole story along the way. Thanks for sharing!